Sunday, April 27, 2008

The problems in Jeff and Naoko's marriage are their own business. Everyone has a different opinion on why it didn't work out. The bottom line is that it didn't. But just because people stop being a couple, they don't stop being parents. And neither the State of Washington nor the Nation of Japan has the right to steal Jeff's rights as a father or Chloe's right to two parents.

Jeff and I have written to several state officials. Last week I finally got a response from Washington State Representative Rick Larsen. Thank you Representative Larsen for being kind enough and compassionate enough to answer personally. Your letter meant a lot to us. But despite your words to the contrary, I honestly believe there are things you could do to help children like Chloe and parents like Jeff. I'm just a mother and grandmother, so I have no clue about the workings of government. But there has to be something.

My younger son says the government won't help with this issue as they don't want to rock the boat with Japan. I hope that's not true.


Chloe's Grandma

No comments: