Thursday, April 24, 2008

To begin with...

I've never bothered with blogging before. Don't get me wrong....I love to write, and I've been posting on bulletin boards and the internet for longer than I care to mention. But blogging just seemed (to me) to be for people who actually had a message to get across.

Well, now I have a message. Now I know that, as heartbreaking as divorce and custody issues can be for all involved, it's even more tragic when a child is taken entirely out of the reach of one or the other parent. I've learned, firsthand, how frustrating it can be when even the government can't seem to help. And I'm learning just how many children are victims of parental abduction every year. Maybe if more people know about these issues, something can be done to guarantee all children a right to both parents.

So, this is a beginning. In the scheme of things, our Chloe has only been gone a short time. But as little as I know about this issue thus far, I know enough to understand that the longer we wait to take action, the harder it becomes to get our kids back. And when you're only almost three years old, even a week away from the people you love can feel like forever.


Chloe's Grandma

1 comment:

Papa said...

Papa misses you.